Profile – Neil Russell
I have a strong interest in the development of people to succeed in their chosen field, whether that be in the corporate, small business or sporting sector. Having experienced employment in the public, private and professional sports sectors I am knowledgeable, experienced and skilled at supporting people to progress by identifying and cultivating their unique strengths.
Words people have used to describe me include creative, strategic, confident, enthusiastic, flexible, resilient and optimistic and I am definitely more at ease looking at ‘opportunities to do’ rather than ‘reasons not to do’.
As a manager, leader, colleague, husband, father and friend I live the same approach to personal effectiveness and relationships that I advocate, which is to acknowledge the great diversity in people and to respect individuality and enabling people to succeed within defined parameters, e.g. corporate culture.
I am inspired by people who maximise their natural talent by cultivating their natural strengths to be the most that they can be and one of my particular frustrations is people ‘being efficient without regard to effectiveness’.
Abilities & Qualifications
- A strategic outlook and the natural ability to see the bigger picture
- A creative problem solver who sees solutions not obstacles to individual and organisational situations
- Strong theoretical knowledge and practical experience of delivering management and leadership programmes
- A very strong understanding of teams, team dynamics and the development of programmes to take teams forward
- The ability to take individuals through to performance excellence through one-one support
- The ability to facilitate individual learning and development within a group context
- Creative user of personality type tools to suit the needs of a target audience
- Qualified Practitioner in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI® Step I & II)
- Qualified Practitioner of Strengthscope™
- Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Practitioner of the Murphy Meisgeier Type Indicator for Children®
- BSc Hon’s Degree in Sports Science (including Sports Psychology)